At Lanphier LLP, we are very proud of our unique specialties in the area of international taxation. We have worked with many individual and business taxpayers that were either relocating abroad from the US or international individuals planning a move to the US.
No matter your situation, you can save many tax headaches by planning in advance and understanding the unique tax considerations and compliance requirements applicable to those with financial interests and income derived outside the United States.
Lanphier LLP can assist you in planning for your international relocation. This can include (but is not limited to):
- Your tax reporting requirements as a US citizen living abroad
- Tax provisions available to US citizens abroad to relieve double taxation of income and how to ensure your maximum tax benefit
- The tax implications of non-wage benefits paid during your time abroad (housing, education, travel, etc)
- How to structure and hold your bank accounts while living in a foreign country to avoid onerous reporting requirements.
- Earning income as a business owner while living abroad
- For non-US citizens, planning for a move to the US including various types of visas (students, trainees, highly qualified specialists) or green card holders
- Changes to foreign investment and bank accounts to make prior to moving to the US to avoid complex reporting and additional US tax liability.
Our consulting in this area includes one-on-one personal advice based on your unique situation. Afterwards, you will be confident and empowered as you embark on this exciting new chapter.
Contact our firm today to schedule a consultation with one of our international tax specialists.